Whatever you do today, I hope that you are able to celebrate in a scrappy way!
Here are the top six things to do on National Scrapbooking Day:
1. SCRAP. Obvious? Maybe. But still, you have so many options. If you prefer a solitary scrap, put on your favorite tunes, grab your favorite drink, and dig into your stash. If your more of a social scrapper, this holiday is made for you. There are literally thousands of scrapbooking events and crops going on all over the country (and world) this weekend at scrapbook stores and other venues. However, even if you don't have a LSS, or by some odd chance they're not joining in the fun, you're certainly not out of luck. Head online and take part in one of the online crops popping up all over the place to find inspiration and some new online friends. Here's just a couple sites hosting NSD crops including inspiration, challenges, prizes and more: Two Peas in a Bucket and WeScrap.
2. SHOP. With so much excitement surrounding this crafter's holiday, we're also likely so see some pretty darn good sales going on! NSD might just be the perfect time to stock up on basic supplies or try some of those super cute new embellishments you've had your eye on since they hit the shelves. Here's of few of my favorite online shops based on their selection and sales:
3. ORGANIZE. I know that I feel much more in the mood to create and be productive if I have a clean and organized space to start with. If you need to do a little more than putting a few sheets of cardstock and punches back in their places, here are some great resources to get your scrap space back on track:
The Organized & Inspired Scrapbooker
Where Women Create: Inspiring Work Spaces of Extraordinary Women
Organization Tips for Scrapbookers
How To Organize Your Scrapbook Workspace
4. LEARN. One of the most wonderful things about this hobby is that there is always something new to learn and techniques to try to help improve or enhance your creativity. Many LSS offer many opportunities for classes so check out your local store, but there are also many great learning opportunities online as well. Here's just a few of the best to get you started:
JessicaSprague.com (Jessica's offering a free class right now!)
Get it Scrapped!
Big Picture Scrapbooking
5. DOWNLOAD. Not only are their some great sales going on this weekend, but there are also a lot of great freebies ready for download to inspire or to use on your next project. Memory Makers Magazine has a 31-day Creativity Challenge for May available for free download and Jill from A Matter of Memories blog has her own Daily Inspirations, and Two Peas is offering this super cute digital kit for free download.
6. WIN. Remember those prizes I mentioned up in #1? Well, with just about every crop you'll find a chance to win some really great prizes. The two I mentioned are certainly no exception.You'll also find many general giveaways out there in honor of NSD such as this one from Memory Makers magazine. Another great place to visit today would be the Creating Keepsakes blog - they have giveaways planned for every couple of hours!
Ladies (and scrappy gents), this is really just the tip of the iceburg, so regardless of your plans for today (or the weekend) there are plenty of scrappy options to keep you more than occupied and having a great time!
Adapted from article written by Jill Marie.